Wednesday 29 April 2009

My favourite band

Well, one of my top bands is Kasabian. Sadly, I can't play them on either of my radio shows!
I first started listening to them in 2005, they were one of the acts confirmed for Reading Festival that year (headlining the Radio One tent) so we got their album to see what they were like, and I fell in love with it straight away. It was (and still is) the perfect combination of rock, indie and dance. You can both dance and headbang to it. When we saw them at Reading (I say "saw" we couldn't get in the tent it was so full, we were dancing outside of it)! it just made me like them even more, they are even better live. 

In December 2006, we actually did get to see them properly at Earl's Court and it was one of the best gigs I have ever been to. The Fratellis did a pretty decent job of making us get bouncier and bouncier (including a rather cool cover of Goldfrapp's Ooh La La) until finally it was time for Kasabian to come on, and they rocked. They had pretty lights, they interacted with the audience, they changed lyrics as they went along, we didn't want it to end! I can't wait until we see them at Brixton Academy in July, a smaller venue will be even more exciting. I have to say I am liking the new songs a lot too!

So in celebration of the greatness of Kasabian (in my opinion...) here are some of their videos for your entertainment 








No comments:

Post a Comment