Saturday 11 April 2009

The Mummers and Yeah Yeah Yeahs

An interesting band on Jool's Holland's t.v series this week. The Mummers are from Brighton, have Bjork style vocals, and have a very fresh, original sound I think. Check out their website http://www.themummers.co.uk to hear their music.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs were also on there this week performing two tracks off their new album, "It's Blitz!" First single Zero, and another track called "Off With Your Head". There's been a lot of talk about how this new album is a lot less guitar based, and uses more synths for that dancier sound. I think ot sounds great! It doesn't sound that drastically different but it certainly shows progression in their range. I love the lyrics to Off With Your Head-

Off With Your Head, Dance Till You're Dead...

1 comment:

  1. The Mummers sound pretty cool, I'll have to check them out!

    I listened to the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album a couple of days ago, I like 'Zero' but not too fond of the rest of it. I think they're probably just not my type of band. I only seem to like their singles!

    Have fun with this new music blog :D

    ReplyDelete