Sunday 1 May 2011

RIP Poly-styrene

I feel like I can't let this go without posting something.
Poly-styrene, lead singer of punk band X Ray Spex passed away this week after a battle with Cancer. She was only 53.
Poly has been an inspiration to many female musicians punk and non punk alike. She has been an inspiration to me and my show. She created one of my favourite songs of all time. How could I not be swayed by the line 'some say little girls should be seen and not heard, but I think...OH BONDAGE UP YOURS!'
It was only recently that she released her solo album 'Generation Indigo' with it's positive vibe.
Poly was also a vegan and stood up for things she believed in. I don't think there are any words I can really say that really sum up just how amazing she was, there are many blog posts and news items that share my sadness, I just couldn't NOT blog about it, even if Idon't actually have the right words to express how I feel.






No comments:

Post a Comment