Sunday 3 May 2009

Rounds @ Chinnerys Saturday 2nd May


Ok I will admit straight away that I may have a slight bias towards this band, as one of my very good friends is in it. Saying that, anothe rof my good friends is in a death metal band, and I'm ashamed to say I can't even think of listening to it, as I am no fan of that genre. Anyway, I digress.

Rounds were originally a five piece, then they lost some members and became "An Ideal For Living" Now they are a five piece again (one new member, 4 original members) and made their comeback last night at local venue Chinnerys.

There were a few techincal hiccups (the strings broke on one of their guitars) but this didn't hinder the sound at all. They seemed to whizz through a blinding set, mixing new tracks that I hadn't heard before, which had a new heavier sound, and played some of their older songs that had been reworked, it all sounded great. They ended with classic and favourite of mine "Party on the Beach" which is a debut single waiting to happen.

For those who haven't had the pleasure, Rounds are like something you have never heard before, they combine rock, indie, and electro with Muse/Radiohead- esque vocals. You can download their album via their MySpace page http://www.myspace.com/rounds1234

some live videos for you I found on YouTube..(but check out the myspace for good quality sound)!






No comments:

Post a Comment