Saturday 17 October 2009

Paloma Faith

Another new discovery thanks one again to Jools Holland, and also Never Mind the Buzzcocks!
Paloma Faith has been compared to people like Duffy and Amy Winehouse, neither of whom I'm a fan, Paloma Faith might have some similarities to those artists, but she is in my opinion, much more likeable and is a bit mental, which I like! I saw her first on Never Mind the Buzzcocks, I didn't know who she was, but on it she was wearing a very colourful outfit like "a childrens presenter mixed with a bullfighter!" (as described by one of the team leaders) and just seemed a bit odd!

Then I saw her on Jools Holland, thinking I wouldn't like it much as she was dressed up in a posh red cocktail dress and it looked like it was going to be jazz. Well actually I was wrong to base it on first impressions. She had some chairs that she climbed around on during her songs and looked like she was really having fun!

I looked her up afterwards, and she is half spanish and half British. She's also an ex- magicians assistant, as well as being an actress and burlesque performer.

No comments:

Post a Comment