Saturday 8 May 2010

Saturday's Alternative Goddess

Today's alternative goddess is Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine!
I loved this band as soon as I heard them only last year. Florence has achieved a lot with her band, despite past difficulties such as seeing her grandfather dying when she was only 10 and her grandmother when she was 14. She used to get in trouble at school for not focusing and randomly singing. She has dylexia, and believes she suffers with OCD, ADD and Insomnia. She has achieved a lot at a young age- she's only twenty three!
I'm yet to see her live, but would love to see this extremely talented woman.
Now, just in case you've been living under a rock, or you like me, enjoy her music- here's some for your enjoyment!

Dog Days are Over



Kiss With a Fist



Rabbit Heart (Raise it Up)


my current favourite- drumming song

No comments:

Post a Comment