Thursday 29 April 2010

Joan Jett!

I was just going to post about the latest good but also kind of bad news that Joan Jett and The Blackhearts are touring with Greenday this year. Good, because she'll be in the UK, and with another band I like, but bad because it's £50 a ticket which is way too steep for me, for only like half hour of Joan Jett (who is my favourite female singer) and an hour and a half of Greenday, who I like but nowhere near as much! However, if you can afford to go, then you defintley should as I saw them supporting Alice Cooper a couple of years again and they were amazing! It was just not long enough set for me!

I realised I haven't actually done a blog on here about Joan Jett before so why not now?
Not only does Joan Jett rock the guitar and have a great voice, she is also vegan and compassionate about animals and the environment, oh and did I mention she also supports gay rights? She was also one of the founding members of one of the first all female rock n roll bands- The Runaways.

Not long ago, a Runaways film came out in America starring Kirsten Stewart as Joan Jett and Dakota Fanning as Cherie Currie. I'm really hoping it comes out here, as it sounds really good.

Oh I also forgot to mention she's worked with some other pretty awesome women including Peaches and Kathleen Hanna
There is no end to this woman's awesomeness!

For those you uneducated in the brilliance that is Joan Jett and the Blackhearts music, or for those of you with a mutual admiration here are some of her songs for you to enjoy (If you're reading this on facebook the video links won't show- so click on "view original post" to see the videos)

with the runaways- one of my top songs ever- Cherry Bomb



Bad Reputation (I'm trying to learn this on Uke)!


An epic cover of Crimson and Clover


AC/DC


Fetish


You Love it With Peaches

No comments:

Post a Comment