Wednesday 6 October 2010

Music I randomly discover on the computer Number two: Jesca Hoop




A long over due post as I wrote an "music I randomly discover on my computer" post when I first started this blog! So for the benefit of any new readers I'll explain. We have a lot of music on our computer. We used to spend way too much time downloading (only legally these days)! and we also used to have a subscription to a music delivery service when we paid so much a month and got lots of new releases- some good, some bad. So we have stuff we like and even some stuff we don't like, but also stuff I sometimes just across by accident and end up liking!

That's how I found Jesca Hoop! A singer/songwriter/guitarist from California- she also used to be nanny to Tom Wait's children!

Another lovely thing I've just discovered about her is that she contributed a song to a "Raise Hope for Congo" compilation CD- "Proceeds from the compilation fund efforts to make the protection and empowerment of Congo’s women a priority, as well as inspire individuals around the world to raise their voice for peace in Congo"

No comments:

Post a Comment