Sunday 18 July 2010

Robots in Disguise

well on this blog I've wrote about two of my favourite bands- Joan Jett and The Blackhearts and Kasabian. Another band that has rapidly been becoming one of my favourites is Robots in Disguise
I don't think they are very mainstream well known but they do seem to have a bit of a cult following, mainly because of their connection with the also fabulous Mighty Boosh The two front women are Sue Denim and Dee Plume (who I believe is still the girlfriend of Noel Fielding)with their female drummer Gemma Hill. Their music is a blend of electro, rock and pop and they have an unique sense of style with their latest passion being blue lipstick! (you can even buy Robot Blue lipstick by Barry M and get this necklace)
I've been lucky enough to see them live three times now, including once right here in Southend and everytime has been like one big party. They more often than not, let the fans come up on stage at the end, I'm yet to join in but certainly hope to sometime!
They seem to mainly appeal to young girls, there are certainly some feminist messages in their songs.
They had problems with money when it came to recording their fourth album so used the great site PledgeMusic to get their fans to help them make enough money to record it in return depending on how much you donated you could get a gift in return- I look forward to receiving my signed copy of the new album when it's out!
I guess the best way to show you how great they are is via YouTube videos (and their videos are excellent) so here are some:


My favourite song is GIRL (listen to the lyrics)!


The Sex has Made Me Stupid


Turn It Up


Wake Up


The DJ's Got a Gun

No comments:

Post a Comment