Monday 1 February 2010

In the past, Mixtapes: part 1

I thought it might be fun to blog about music I used to like,(and some I still do)!
I was thinking as I still have my old tapes lying about that I would look at those, and write about them, so here we go i've picked one up at random..


Radiohead- Creep- well straight away I can tell this one isn't THAT old, as I still really like this song. In fact, it's the first song I've learnt to play on the ukulele.
A total classic, that I think everybody likes.



Supergrass- Moving- 90's britpop, still like this one too! whatever happened to them?



Let Loose- Crazy For you- boyband ballad, but I must admit this might be a guilty pleasure!



R.E.M- Everybody Hurts- also a classic, and I still like though haven't listened to it for ages. I think it's quite comforting when you're feeling a bit low.



U2- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me- this is probably my favourite U2 song which was on one of the Batman film soundtracks as it's quite rocky. I don't like U2 anymore though, as they have got so pretentious and overated. The older music is much better.



Blur- Country House- 90's indie, still very much like of course!



Seal- Kiss From a Rose- I still like this one! another one from a Batman film i think. The lyrics are quite interesting.
"There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea.
You became the light on the dark side of me.
Love remained a drug that's the high and not the pill.
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and
The light that you shine can be seen.
Baby,
I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray.
Ooh,
The more I get of you,
The stranger it feels, yeah.
And now that your rose is in bloom.
A light hits the gloom on the gray."



Bryan Adams- The Only Thing that looks good on me is you- cheesy, but yes i'd still listen to this!



Berlinda Carlisle- In Too Deep- ooh I had forgotten about this song, I might have to play it on Pigtails sometime!



Bon Jovi- Always- another cheesy ballad, I'm more into faster music these days, but still enjou this song.



Paul Weller- You Do Something To Me- a beautiful, sexy song.



Travis- Blue Flashing Light- this was the bonus track on The Man Who and I think is the best song on there, it's totally different from the rest of it, not a ballad.



Mel C- Going down- hmm can tell this is a bit old now! It's weird as when I was younger and loved the Spice Girls, Geri was always my favourite but when they went solo, I liked Mel C's music best, it kinda has a rocky feel to it, hence probably why there's also...



Mel C- Gaga




Sister Hazel- Your Winter- from the 10 things I hate about you soundtrack, one of my favourite films as a teenager, it's actually a guy singing and is another ballad!



Hepburn- Deep Deep Down- I had forgotten about this band too! Think they only had a few hits, a girl band with a bit of edge!



Stereophonics- Bartender and The Thief- still like this one, although not that keen on the stereophonics now, although the album this track i on is pretty good.



U2- With or Without you- a really nice ballad!

No comments:

Post a Comment